1/15/07

HURI - Slow Cooker Taco Soup

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Ready In: 7 Hours 15 Minutes
Yields: 8 servings

"A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup let's the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!"

INGREDIENTS:1 onion, chopped1 (16 ounce) can chili beans1 (15 ounce) can black beans1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)sour cream (optional)crushed tortilla chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
  2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

I didnt put the beer or chicken in it. Ground beef could be used. I also cooked my beans all day. I always tweek my recipes to my liking or to what I have on hand. This recipe comes from my favorite recipe web site. Its my 2nd fav place to visit on line. Allrecipes.com

2 comments:

sarizona

My family loved this. I added everything but the corn. Later I used an immersion blender to puree the beans before I put the shredded chicken back in the pot. I added the corn at this point. Some people in my family don't really care for beans so this is how I get them to eat beans. It makes the soup a little thicker.

sarizona

I also substituted chicken broth for beer Ü

MBA Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP